Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Boston Ballet Audition Review

Hi everyone! It's actually been almost a week since my audition for Boston, but here is the review!

Prior to the Audition
I arrived about a half an hour early. There was no pre-registration, so instead they took all of us into a studio and had us fill out a form. Then we lined up according to age, and line by line, went up to the table at the front of the studio to turn in our money and forms and get our numbers. After all of that happened, they called numbers 1 through 64 to another studio for the audition while the rest of the people waited for an hour and 20 minutes. Thank goodness I was number 17 or something like that, so I didn't have to wait.

During the Audition
The woman who taught the class was a company member in the Boston Ballet, a soloist I think. The other person observing the audition was the director of the school, or someone near that job. The company member was funny and made the experience more relaxing, which was nice because it was easier to focus on my technique. The funny thing is, we never got to pointe, but I guess they might assess that in the intensive,

Results
I learned a few days after the audition that I was accepted into their program in Newton, which is just outside of Boston (I wasn't eligible for the program in Boston because you have to be 15). It is being considered that I go there because my aunt and cousin live in Boston and I could stay with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment