Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ballet Chicago Audition Review/Feelings

Hello again! I think you know how this will go...

Prior to the Audition
I'm pretty sure I arrived about a 1/2 hour early. I was already pre-registered, so registering was simple, I just told them my name, and they had a card all filled out for me.

During the Audition
The combinations they had us do at this audition were pretty hard compared to other auditions. And they definitely love turnout. At the barre, during developpes, the women teaching the class went along to everyone along this really long barre (including me) and when we plie-d and flexed our foot, she would really turn it out.
I felt the difficulty of the class was overall like a regular technique class for me, and that was unusual because auditions are usually simpler than that (if you didn't know). Pointe wasn't terrible, but we did do this kind of hard combination involving echappes and a developpe.

Results
The day after the audition, I got an email telling me I was accepted! I was very surprised to have heard so soon, but at least there wasn't too much suspense. I really want to go to this intensive, so I hope it will work out!

Thanks for reading!
<3

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, again! It must be good to get the results right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, could you give my blog a look if you have the time, please? It's itsallaboutdanceblog.blogspot.com. Thank you!

      Delete