Sunday, July 21, 2013

NYCB in Saratoga, NY - The Experience

Here's the post I promised - enjoy! I apologize for the delay.

Once we all gathered together at the dorms, we boarded two charter buses and were shortly on our way. The entire drive was about 3 hours long, and we drove about halfway there before we stopped so people who didn't bring lunch could buy it. I brought lunch, so I just used the bathroom before boarding the bus.
The rest of the trip there I ate my lunch and watched some of the movies they played on the little TVs: What A Girl Wants, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and one of the Night at the Museum movies.
Once we got to Saratoga Performing Arts Center, we were handed out our tickets, and then basically let loose. There was a gift stand that was constantly swamped with people, and a few food stands. My friends and I went to the bathroom, and then went to find our seats. We found out that students from SAB were also attending the event, which makes sense since SAB is the school of NYCB.
The performance itself was quite good. I particularly enjoyed the third piece, which was Tchaikovsky Violin something Concerto...sorry, I'm terrible with remembering names like that :-/ After seeing Sara Mearns and Megan Fairchild dance on YouTube, it was incredible to see them dancing in person.
After the show was over, they announced that we should do whatever we need to do here now because we aren't making a single stop on the way back. That meant Three. Straight. Hours. Of. Sitting. In. A. Bus. With. Out. Moving.

...it was pretty terrible. I was super tired and really hungry. But there were movies playing that I could watch, and my friend was sitting next to me so we talked and played air hockey on her phone.
When we finally got back, I found out that my aunt wasn't feeling that well, so it made sense just to have a relaxing evening and watch a movie.

I hope that post satisfied your interest!

<3

1 comment: